As a result of last Monday’s Eureka June meeting, I have taken responsibility to communicate several interesting initiatives for the club. If you think this works, I’ll do it each month as part of our strategy to promote orienteering in our region. Dot points should highlight decisions from the June meeting – with action to follow.
- Purchase of GPS for club mapping projects – Ken D/Rod G to source/purchase suitable unit (~$900).
- Proposed permanent course at Cornish Hill (Daylesford) – Rob Fell/Ken D to survey time scale for project; EU draft ‘letter of support’ of the concept of “posts along tracks” to introduce visitors to navigation using map.
- Vic Relays – James G has organised 3 teams; Aaron D (new) in mixed team (Aaron, Blake, Toby C)
- Planning for 2018 events – list of the Course Setter and Organiser, and Venue
- Vic Teachers Games (23-26 Sept) – Mark V (CS), Monica/Blake (O) – ELC in Ballarat
- MTBO Vic Series#5 (21 Oct) – Toby C (CS), Blake (EO) – Linton PS (following Rogaine on Sat)
- Sprint into Spring#6 and 7 (24 Nov) – Warwick W / James G – Federation Uni; need another club
- Victorian Sprint Champs (25 Nov) – Roch P / Chris N ? – SMB Campus Fed Uni – embargos needed
- 12th aMAZEing Buninyong (1 Dec) – Monica D / Helen B – Buninyong
- O Vic Training Camp at Linton (Camp Wedgetail) – July 7-9 – Rob F (O) – coaches needed
- Eureka Club Development – informal meeting 17 June (Sunday pm) at Brown Hill pub – all members invited – contact Rob F email@example.com
— Blake Gordon, for the EU Executive