August in Ballarat is often cold and wet but that has not stopped our keen orienteers.
- Aislinn and Belinda are in Norway (with parents Geoff, Jenny, Roch and Judy) to compete at the 2019 World Orienteering Championships from 12 – 18 August. Check out how they are going – Eureka hopes they master the challenging Norwegian terrain and have personal best performances!
- Geoff and Rod have just completed the World Rogaining Champs in mountainous Portugal where weather conditions forced many teams to finish earlier than planned. I’m sure they will have plenty of stories how “they could have been champions”!
- President Ian has been busy purchasing computer/software/ electronic equipment to be ready for the upcoming Australian MTBO Championships in Maryborough during the last weekend in October.
- Secretary Blake has been busy writing bulletins, lodging permits and making contact with groups in Maryborough and Dunolly that will be helping Eureka, Yarra Valley and Bayside clubs make the mountain bike orienteering events run smoothly in October.
- Local series events run by the Lawford’s, Warwick, Taverna family (CHOC), James and Roch have kept our winter orienteering program active in preparation for the Oceania Festival in late September.
- Eureka did finish the 2019 Autumn Series with a great turnout and results (2nd in the Autumn Series Club standings) at Creswick Diggings.
So with the wattles coming into full bloom this week get out and check the Eventor listings for local events in the next few weeks. It always is better weather when you are out Orienteering!