Attached is an annotated 2024 Calendar, following the planning meeting tonight.
Attendees: Ian C, Blake G, Roch P, Mark V.
- BUNS events from early Jan – ad-hoc dates, as people volunteer to set them, either Thursday PM or on weekends to suit.
- Maprun Mondays – Ian C to plan and run a workshop shortly on Maprun, and how to set up Maprun events. Depending on how many attend this, the aim will be for each participant to bring a laptop (or use a Eureka one) and set up 2-3 simple Maprun events (scatter event, small park and street areas, up to 20 controls), so we’ve got between 10 and 20 events set up. Then we will informally meet Mondays PM throughout the year for a run, or people can run separately, to post a result.
- 9/10 Mar 24 – Ballarat Sprint Weekend – format and venues TBC
- 24 Mar 24 – Vic MTBO 1 – Creswick Forest (middle section?)
- 07 Apr 24 – Ballarat Classic 1 – Nuggety Dam (Nerrina)
- 27 Apr 24 – Ballarat Classic 2 – Petticoat Gully (Creswick)
- 25 May 24 – Ballarat Classic 3 – Bryces Flat (Daylesford/Hepburn)
- 15 Jun 24 – Ballarat Classic 4 – Enfield
- 30 Jun 24 – Ballarat Classic 5 – Mt Beckworth (NW corner?)
- 13 Jul 24 – Ballarat Classic 6 – Woowookarung
- 27 Jul 24 – Ballarat Classic 7 – Venue TBC after sprint weekend
- 10 Aug 24 – Ballarat Classic 8 – Creswick Diggings (limestone quarry)
- 24 Aug 24 – Ballarat Classic 9 (Final) – Surface Hill
- 31 Aug 24 – Vic MTBO Champs – probably at Anglesea, Eureka to run Finish for all events
- End Sep 24 – Vic Teachers Games – Latrobe Valley
- 7 Dec 24 – aMAZEing Ballarat
We will soon be seeking course-setters and organisers, so stay tuned!
I’ve booked a Zoom meeting at 7.30pm this evening to discuss the proposed 2024 Event Schedule (see attached) and Eureka’s proposed events, before we formalise the calendar with Laurie Niven and the other clubs on Friday.
All are very welcome to attend. We will need to decide on locations for the events to June at least, so Laurie can work on getting our Parks Vic permits etc, and it would be good to have course-setters identified for the first few fixtures too.
As usual, meeting length is restricted to 40 minutes. If Zoom drops us before we’re finished, please rejoin the same meeting.
Cheers, Ian C