The second event of our local event series is coming up on Sunday. It will be in Nerrina Forest, starting at Nuggety Dam (which is off Glen Park Rd, about 1km south of White Swan Rd).
Start anytime between 11am and noon and choose from 4 courses ranging from 2km to 5km. The 2km course is “easy” standard and uses the good track network near the dam.
The 3km course gets a bit more adventurous and goes off track, but uses large features (or small features with obvious features nearby!)
The 4km and 5km courses use the small detail and have some route choice options.
So there is something for all in an area that has well defined boundaries (preventing you from wandering for days!!).
Roch entertained 15 runners with some good courses at Surface Hill in our first event of this series. Hopefully we will get a good roll up to Nuggety Dam.
Coaching will be available if you are inexperienced in bush navigation.
Hope to see many of you there.
Contact Jenny for any further information 0432111307 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Dust off your compasses! Orienteering is returning to the local area in a series of events in nearby forests.
All of the events will be on Sundays and you can start anytime between 11am and noon. There will be 4 different courses to choose from ranging from 2km to 6km and with various degrees of difficulty, so there will be something to suit all regardless of your ability or fitness.
Events are scheduled for:
July 29th (next Sunday!!!)
This Sunday’s event will be organised by Roch and will be on the Surface Hill map. The start area is at Argyle Dam on Surface Hill Rd, 1.5km from Smythesdale on Sebastopol-Smythesdale Rd. Start times are 11:00 AM to 12:00.
Courses available will be 5km hard navigation, 3.5Km hard navigation, 3Km Moderate navigation, 2km easy navigation.
On Sunday 12 Aug, the event will start at Nuggety Dam in Nerrina Forest, off Glen Park Rd, about 1km south of White Swan Road. The format will be much the same as above. Jenny and Geoff will organise this one.
Hope to see many of you there on Sunday to enjoy a lovely day out in the forest.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
On 11 Jul 2018, at 8:02 pm, email@example.com wrote:
Hi allPlanning to have a meeting at Eastwood Leisure Center on Mon 16th July at 7:00 pm. Many things to discussBUNSSunday winter bush eventSprint into Spring??Who can attendRoch
Hi Peter, Tony, Kathy and Jon,
On behalf of Eureka, the Committee would like to formally thank you, on behalf of the membership and the MTBO community, for your efforts and assistance with the 2018 Vic MTBO Championships events at Creswick. It was a challenging and unusual set of events, organisation-wise, given the unfortunate deferral of the original Middle and Long Distance fixtures at short notice, so your combined efforts in setting, then re-setting, and maintaining the event’s confidentiality and embargo across the “gap”, so everyone could compete fairly on the second attempt, was greatly appreciated by all involved.
Regards, Ian Chennell on behalf of the Committee
- Purchase of GPS for club mapping projects – Ken D/Rod G to source/purchase suitable unit (~$900).
- Proposed permanent course at Cornish Hill (Daylesford) – Rob Fell/Ken D to survey time scale for project; EU draft ‘letter of support’ of the concept of “posts along tracks” to introduce visitors to navigation using map.
- Vic Relays – James G has organised 3 teams; Aaron D (new) in mixed team (Aaron, Blake, Toby C)
- Planning for 2018 events – list of the Course Setter and Organiser, and Venue
- Vic Teachers Games (23-26 Sept) – Mark V (CS), Monica/Blake (O) – ELC in Ballarat
- MTBO Vic Series#5 (21 Oct) – Toby C (CS), Blake (EO) – Linton PS (following Rogaine on Sat)
- Sprint into Spring#6 and 7 (24 Nov) – Warwick W / James G – Federation Uni; need another club
- Victorian Sprint Champs (25 Nov) – Roch P / Chris N ? – SMB Campus Fed Uni – embargos needed
- 12th aMAZEing Buninyong (1 Dec) – Monica D / Helen B – Buninyong
- O Vic Training Camp at Linton (Camp Wedgetail) – July 7-9 – Rob F (O) – coaches needed
- Eureka Club Development – informal meeting 17 June (Sunday pm) at Brown Hill pub – all members invited – contact Rob F firstname.lastname@example.org