Eureka Orienteers 2013.1 Minutes – Club Meeting
Date: Monday 18th March 2013
Venue: Eastwood Leisure Complex
Apologies: Tom and Lesley Norwood
Present: Mark Valentine, Blake Gordon, Roch Prendergast, Ernie Christopher, Geoff Lawford, Jenny Lawford, Ian Chennell; by Skype – Beatrice Johnson, Ken Dowling. Dale Ann Gordon
New Member: Seth Hanrahan’s application was approved. Seth (M-12) will be at Easter 3-Days.
Treasurer’s Report: Follow up 2012 AGM motions to buy TV’s and OCAD11 mapping programs $1396 – Two Soniq 48” TV’s for results display and connections – used at Mt Beckworth $1130 – One OCAD 11 upgrade + One OCAD 11 Standard mapping program –use at Ultra Long $1025 – 36 Aluminium T-bar control stands – from November 2012 meeting, support UL event $749 – Support of Ultra Long event; ten SI 10 cards (hire or purchase)
1. Easter 2013 Jenny Lawford discussed organisation for Eureka’s commitment to the first day of Easter. Members will be notified of jobs and responsibilities by email.
2. Easter Results Eureka’s TV’s may be used for results display at Easter. Hire fee of $50 per day sought from VOA.
3. Ultra Long. Geoff Lawford outlined the process for the running and organisation of the event on the Saturday 6th April 2013. Running of the event will require 2 people at the finish and 3 at registration. Volunteers will be needed from 7.30 am to set up and hang maps. Advertising of the event will be ramped up – only 27 entrants at this stage.
4. SportIdent Basics Ian Chennell gave a presentation on use of SI at events. Concentrated on what is required pre event to ensure all the units run correctly and work in the field.
5. Review: Use of Skype for the meeting. Problems with dropping in and out and difficulty with sound quality. Lost two attendees mid meeting due to these problems. Next meeting we will try using the WiFi at ELC to support the Skype contacts.
Meeting closed 9:30pm
Next meetings: Monday, 15 April 2013, 7.30pm at Eastwood Leisure Complex; Topic – SI in Finish Tent (How to run SI at the event) – Ian Chennell
Monday, 13 May 2013, 7.30pm at Eastwood Leisure Complex; Topic – Volunteer Recruitment and Recognition / New Members