Webmaster

[EurekaO] Draft Report of 46th AGM of the Eureka Orienteers Inc

 Posted by at 10:44 am  Quicknews  Comments Off on [EurekaO] Draft Report of 46th AGM of the Eureka Orienteers Inc
Jun 062021
 

Blake,

 

I have just got around to reading this.  Three things:

 

  • Margaret wasn’t present;
  • Rather than setting sprint courses, Roch is making the map for the school sprint champs in Kyneton; and
  • I missed out on mentioning a couple of Eureka contributors to the Australian Champs next year.  It’s too late now to mention them at the meeting, of course, but maybe you could add a postscript to the minutes noting that Aislinn has agreed to set courses for the schools sprint at Chewton, and Chris N has agreed to control the Australian middle distance champs at Blackwood?

 

Thank you,

 

Warwick.

 

From: allmembers <allmembers-bounces@eurekaorienteers.asn.au&gt; On Behalf Of All Members of Eureka
Sent: Thursday, 27 May 2021 9:03 PM
To: All Members of Eureka <allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au&gt;
Subject: [EurekaO] Draft Report of 46th AGM of the Eureka Orienteers Inc

 

 

[EurekaO] Eureka Late Autumn News – AGM’s and Autumn Series

 Posted by at 11:12 pm  Quicknews  Comments Off on [EurekaO] Eureka Late Autumn News – AGM’s and Autumn Series
May 282021
 
Hi everyone


With two AGM’s (Eureka on Wednesday and VOA tonight) in one week, I felt I should bring everyone up to date with Eureka news.

The Eureka AGM had 15 members booking in on Zoom (5 of them “not on screen” but Geoff, Dale, Margaret, Anitra and Tim were present) so we had almost 1/2 of our membership at the electronic meeting – well done Eureka! 
  • The nominated slate of officers for 2021 – Ian, President; Gary, Vice President; Blake, Secretary; Monica, Treasurer were elected by acclamation from the “crowded screen” of faces.
  • Reports from Jenny (NOL and Autumn Series#2 organiser at Petticoat Gully), Ian (Organiser Vic MTBO Sprint Champs at Maryborough),and Warwick (Coordinator of 2022 Aus Champs) were interesting and showed that despite our small numbers we have a dedicated team which help run quality events.
  • “Stuff of the Year” was won by the COVID-19 virus – certainly gave us a year none of us will forget!
  • Innovations such as the MapRun app (thanks Ian) made it possible for individual runs/walks using your mobile phone within 5 km of your Ballarat home.
  • aMAZEing donated to BREAZE continuing the tradition of our December ‘end of season’ event.
  • Several clubs (YV, NE, BK, EU and BG) contributed funds to purchase 20 BS-11 units for Victoria to run events in a COVID-safe manner using a 1.6metre touch-less zone for “punching” – more like “passing” the control.
  • Park&Street events at the start of the year set up by primarily by Gary made a great start – but in mid-March we got “virused”    

The VOA AGM had 16 faces on the Zoom conference with all clubs (except AW) represented.
  • President Carl reviewed the year of uncertainty and few events, but gave particular praise to Debbie Dodd and Margi Fremantle in the OVic team for their hard work at keeping us COVID safe and producing the Yearbook.
  • Nominated and elected for 2021 by acclamation were: Carl D, President; Margi F and David J, VP’s; Aislinn P, Secretary and Stephen C, Treasurer. Noteworthy in the reports was a profit for the 2020 year of $44,000.
  • The meeting was over in just over an hour – a record for a VOA meeting I reckon – with everyone keen to get over this latest lockdown and return to orienteering at the Eppalock 3-Days in June.

Autumn Series had two events postponed yesterday due to the current 7-day lockdown – Glenlyon this Sunday and the Vic Club Relays the following Sunday. So get out and do your two hours of exercise and get ready for the 3 event Eppalock Long-Weekend (check Eventor for details)
  • Eureka is presently coming 3rd of the 10 Victorian Clubs in the “Rockhopper Trophy” with 328 points from the first four events (MFR is 1st – 367 and YV is 2nd – 355). So make your plans to be at Mosquito Creek and Eppalock on the 12th and 13th June to score points for yourself …and help EU move up in the standings. Check the Rockhopper points on the Information Sheet in the attached document for the Mt Tarrengower event to see how your club is going.

Hope you are keeping well – and using the lockdown to recharge for the coming events. Next news will be covering the “Ballarat Winter Series” – and how you can help Gary, Ken, and Toby to make these 4 Eureka events a success in June, July, and August. 

Keep warm and safe, 
Blake

[EurekaO] Do you want a spot in a relay team?

 Posted by at 12:47 pm  Quicknews  Comments Off on [EurekaO] Do you want a spot in a relay team?
May 272021
 
Blake,

I am available, put me in a team where you see fit.
Regards
Rod

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 May 2021, at 09:31, All Members of Eureka <allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au&gt; wrote:

I will pass on this. Have fun.
Jonesy

From: allmembers <allmembers-bounces@eurekaorienteers.asn.au> on behalf of All Members of Eureka <allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au>
Reply-To: <allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au>
Date: Thursday, 27 May 2021 at 8:36 am
To: All Members of Eureka <allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au>
Subject: [EurekaO] Do you want a spot in a relay team?

Hi everyone


It’s that time of the year – Vic relays at Heathcote on Sunday 6 June. EU will pay your entry fee in full – but I need you to respond quickly to this email to blakegordon1@bigpond.com and let me know which course. We will make up the teams and then send the draft teams out this weekend.  If you do NOT want to be included please let m know so we don’t chase you!

The courses are

C 1 5.6 Hard Physical/navigation
C 2 4.2 Hard Physical/navigation
C 3 2.8 Moderate Physical and navigation
C 4 2.5 Easy Physical and navigation
C 5  Mix of C4, C2, C3

Cheers
Blake and Gary

_______________________________________________ allmembers mailing list allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au https://eurekaorienteers.asn.au/mailman/listinfo/allmembers_eurekaorienteers.asn.au _______________________________________________
allmembers mailing list
allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au
eurekaorienteers.asn.au/mailman/listinfo/allmembers_eurekaorienteers.asn.au

[EurekaO] Do you want a spot in a relay team?

 Posted by at 9:30 am  Quicknews  Comments Off on [EurekaO] Do you want a spot in a relay team?
May 272021
 
I will pass on this. Have fun.
Jonesy

From: allmembers <allmembers-bounces@eurekaorienteers.asn.au> on behalf of All Members of Eureka <allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au>
Reply-To: <allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au>
Date: Thursday, 27 May 2021 at 8:36 am
To: All Members of Eureka <allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au>
Subject: [EurekaO] Do you want a spot in a relay team?

Hi everyone


It’s that time of the year – Vic relays at Heathcote on Sunday 6 June. EU will pay your entry fee in full – but I need you to respond quickly to this email to blakegordon1@bigpond.com and let me know which course. We will make up the teams and then send the draft teams out this weekend.  If you do NOT want to be included please let m know so we don’t chase you!

The courses are

C 1 5.6 Hard Physical/navigation
C 2 4.2 Hard Physical/navigation
C 3 2.8 Moderate Physical and navigation
C 4 2.5 Easy Physical and navigation
C 5  Mix of C4, C2, C3

Cheers
Blake and Gary

_______________________________________________ allmembers mailing list allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au https://eurekaorienteers.asn.au/mailman/listinfo/allmembers_eurekaorienteers.asn.au

[EurekaO] Do you want a spot in a relay team?

 Posted by at 8:36 am  Quicknews  Comments Off on [EurekaO] Do you want a spot in a relay team?
May 272021
 
Hi everyone


It’s that time of the year – Vic relays at Heathcote on Sunday 6 June. EU will pay your entry fee in full – but I need you to respond quickly to this email to blakegordon1@bigpond.com and let me know which course. We will make up the teams and then send the draft teams out this weekend.  If you do NOT want to be included please let m know so we don’t chase you!

The courses are

C 1 5.6 Hard Physical/navigation
C 2 4.2 Hard Physical/navigation
C 3 2.8 Moderate Physical and navigation
C 4 2.5 Easy Physical and navigation
C 5  Mix of C4, C2, C3

Cheers
Blake and Gary

[EurekaO] Fwd: Treasurer’s Report

 Posted by at 3:16 pm  Quicknews  Comments Off on [EurekaO] Fwd: Treasurer’s Report
May 262021
 
Hi everyone

Here is Monica’s Treasurers Report for last financial year.  No surprise that we made a small loss due to lack of income from late March to late November.
Cheers
Blake

Sent from my iPad
Begin forwarded message:

From: Monica Dickson <dicksonmonica@gmail.com&gt;
Date: 26 May 2021 at 12:17:21 pm AEST
To: Ian Chennell <chennell@eurekaorienteers.asn.au&gt;, Blake Martin Gordon <blakegordon1@bigpond.com&gt;
Cc: Ian Chennell <ian@chennell.com&gt;
Subject: Treasurer’s Report

Hi Ian and Blake,
Please find attached report.  We made a loss!!  $363 in total!
See you tonight.
Monica

241 Aubrey’s Road
Magpie VIC 3352
Phone 0437 941 774

[EurekaO] Minutes of 2019-2020 Eureka Orienteers AGM

 Posted by at 3:22 pm  Quicknews  Comments Off on [EurekaO] Minutes of 2019-2020 Eureka Orienteers AGM
May 242021
 

Hi members
Attached you will find the minutes of the 2019 AGM at Mt. Clear Scout Hall. At our 2020 AGM this Wednesday at 7pm by Zoom these will be tabled as an accurate record of that meeting.
Further reports will be tabled electronically in the next 3 days. If you cannot read them, pleass contact Blake on 0487- 420-183 or by email at blakegordon1ATbigpond.au.
Please consider “not what your club can do for you BUT what you can do for the club” (sounds a bit like JFK). Nominations are now open for President, VP, Secretary, and Treasurer for 2021-2022. Again you can organise a seconder for any nomination that would speed the process for me.
Cheers Blake Secretary, Eureka Orienteers Inc. _______________________________________________ allmembers mailing list allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au eurekaorienteers.asn.au/mailman/listinfo/allmembers_eurekaorienteers.asn.au

[EurekaO] Zoom meeting invitation – Eureka 2020 AGM

 Posted by at 9:33 am  Quicknews  Comments Off on [EurekaO] Zoom meeting invitation – Eureka 2020 AGM
May 242021
 

Apology from Mark Valentine – clashes with Basketball Board Meeting

 

         Regards

 

Mark Valentine

Operations Manager

Please note my working days are Monday to Thursday

T: + 5338 1220 | M: + 0418 310125

E: mark.valentine@ballaratbasketball.com | www.ballaratbasketball.com

PO Box 3, Wendouree 3355

Facebook icon Twitter icon Youtube icon Instagram icon

 

From: allmembers <allmembers-bounces@eurekaorienteers.asn.au&gt; On Behalf Of All Members of Eureka
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 1:45 AM
To: allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au
Subject: [EurekaO] Zoom meeting invitation – Eureka 2020 AGM

 

Hi everyone,

Time for our 2020 AGM, now that we’ve got a gap in the schedule. Hope as many as possible can join for this session.

Apologies, agenda items and reports to Blake for inclusion in the meeting records, please.

Regards, Ian

Ian Chennell is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Eureka 2020 AGM

Time: May 26, 2021 07:00 PM Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 958 5986 7444

Passcode: eu20agm

[EurekaO] Zoom meeting invitation – Eureka 2020 AGM

 Posted by at 2:07 pm  Quicknews  Comments Off on [EurekaO] Zoom meeting invitation – Eureka 2020 AGM
May 212021
 

Apologies from Helen and Terry

 

We are doing the “Grey Nomad” trip and will be in Wilpena Pound – not sure what sort of coverage we will have

 

Rgds,

          Terry

 

From: allmembers <allmembers-bounces@eurekaorienteers.asn.au&gt; On Behalf Of All Members of Eureka
Sent: Friday, 21 May 2021 1:15 AM
To: allmembers@eurekaorienteers.asn.au
Subject: [EurekaO] Zoom meeting invitation – Eureka 2020 AGM

 

Hi everyone,

Time for our 2020 AGM, now that we’ve got a gap in the schedule. Hope as many as possible can join for this session.

Apologies, agenda items and reports to Blake for inclusion in the meeting records, please.

Regards, Ian

Ian Chennell is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Eureka 2020 AGM

Time: May 26, 2021 07:00 PM Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 958 5986 7444

Passcode: eu20agm